Think you have what it takes? SMB IT Solutions is growing, and we’re always looking for passionate and talented individuals to join our team. Work with creative and interesting people every day, and grow your skills while earning a great salary. Send us your resume, and tell us why you'd like to join our team. Contact .
Service Desk Engineer
Job Title: Service Desk Engineer
Department: Service Desk
Reports To: Service Desk Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SMB IT Solutions, the premier IT managed services company in Marietta GA, is looking for energetic, knowledgeable professionals to join our Service Desk team! If you are looking to break into the exciting field of IT or further your career, and want to work somewhere with a unique culture and endless opportunities for growth, SMB IT Solutions is the place for you! Our offices are located in Marietta Georgia with easy access to entertainment, restaurants and activities. Our Service Desk team is comprised of young, fun, technical engineers who are passionate about helping our clients run their businesses with the aid of technology. A Service Desk Engineer is responsible for troubleshooting all operating systems and application issues for our clients at the desktop level. Support for servers at the intermediate level as well as network support is also provided in this role. Service Desk Engineers are responsible for providing remote customer support to client end users and resolving issues independently and accurately. They must document time and ticket notes while maintaining an excellent level of customer service and serve the SMB IT Solutions mission at all times.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Providing remote support for client users / 65%
- Provide onsite client support in conjunction with service desk resources / 5%
- Collection and updating of client network documentation / 5%
- Assisting with the onsite implementation of client projects in conjunction with Project Team resources / 5%
- Provide primary support for specific technologies based on subject matter expertise / 10%
- Other duties as assigned / 10%
- Minimum of an AS or BS in a related discipline and 1-3 years of related technical support experience or a suitable combination of education and relevant experience; Certifications preferred but, not required.
- Extensive knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within information technology support in a Windows environment, including but not limited to:
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows Server Technology and Microsoft OS and Office products;
- Intermediate knowledge of TCP/IP, network routing, firewall functions (NAT), including basic understanding of common protocols such as HTTP(S), RDP, DNS, SMTP, etc.
- Understanding of concepts such as Active Directory, Virtualization, VOIP, DNS, DHCP, etc
- In depth understanding of computer hardware and troubleshooting
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Line of Business applications
- Experience with PSA and RMM tools preferred
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to strive to consistently improve, both personally as well as part of a team, to achieve extraordinary results in customer services and technical skills.
- Ability to prioritize work flow and organize diverse material, with the ability to handle multiple, competing and changing priorities; ability to perform effectively without supervision and within established time limits and ongoing deadlines;
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally, and provide exceptional service, both internally and externally at all times.
At SMB IT Solutions, employees are expected to exhibit exemplary customer service skills, both with external customers, vendors, visitors, co-workers, and management staff. Written and verbal communication skills should be concise and effective, and they should aspire to excellence in both work and customer service, they should show courtesy to all they encounter while representing the Company. They are also expected to maintain a professional demeanor in their interpersonal relationships and personal grooming. They are to exercise confidentiality concerning the affairs of the business, exhibit a willingness to learn, willingness to problem solve and step in to help others. SMB IT Solutions views each of these traits as strong performance indicators, and employees are rated based on their performance in these areas.
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to sit and talk and listen. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand, walk, and drive or ride in a motor vehicle. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Must have the ability to travel within the Atlanta Metro area, sometimes with short notice, and be able to provide after-hours support and weekend implementation as needed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
If you’re an energetic person in the Metro Atlanta area looking for an exciting and rewarding career, contact us at .